Thursday, August 16, 2007

Python Adventures

I've done a little bit of Python coding in the past, but it has always been using a simple text editor for a simple little project. Well, there are several things that are lining up to cause me to restart my Python explorations. They are:
  • My favorite game, Eve, has put out an API that I would like to toy with.
  • I've heard a lot about the open source collaboration model. At work, I am trying to encourage collaboration, and I think this model might provide some good insights so I would like to gather some first hand experience of collaborating on a small open source project. I am leaning towards Pychess. Chess is another favorite game of mine...
  • I'd like to gain some experience using a IDE for python development. I'm going to try Eclipse.
  • I've never done much GUI coding in Python -- I'd like to get a better feel for it.
  • I've tinkered with Subversion before, but never on a project with others involved.
Finally, I'd like to record what I discover as I discover it and, hopefully, get some constructive comments from the world out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.