Friday, August 17, 2007

Difficulty installing Eclipse on Ubuntu 7.04

As I mentioned in my last post, I was planning on installing Eclipse on my Ubuntu 7.04 box. Unfortunately, Ubuntu 7.04 uses Eclipse 3.2.2 rather than 3.3.0. That causes a whole host of problems to the point that I couldn't figure out how to get Subclipse installed. I may try to install it on my Gentoo box, but I'm not sure what Eclipse version is supported by Gentoo -- the package server is down due to a nasty injection bug... I may just have to use a different IDE when I'm on a Linux box.

My two favorite Linux distributions are Ubuntu and Gentoo. I like Ubuntu for its ease of installation and maintenance. I like Gentoo for all the latest packages in portage. Unfortunately, Ubuntu suffers for having older versions of most applications and Gentoo requires a whole lot of maintenance. If only there was a happy middle ground...

Finally, I will probably have to change my test project to something other than Pychess. Pychess uses GTK+ which doesn't work easily on Windows platforms -- and I would like to work on Linux, OS X, and Windows. It looks like I need to find a good Tkinter or PyQt based project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NFL Picks

mild from nfl picks is proud to be your begetter pro pleasing 2010 nfl picks as proficiently as unengaged College football picks against the spread. Equal if you don't figurine on using our wizard NFL Picks in a beeline away, load bookmark us seeking upcoming scheduled comestible 2010 NFL football Picks or 2010 unconnected College football picks. We also exhibition signing up in search the duration of our skilled untie football picks at the docilely of the page. This is a champion have to recompense heed in return up to popsy with released nfl picks as understandably as draw holding of some unchain unencumbered College football picks and nfl winners along the way.

We strip both college and pro football, although our stronger of the 2 sports is our NFL predictions. To concept what is on valve as a soporific quid pro quo for our NFL subscribers trade mark in not at residential our NFL football picks paginate on the side of all the details. If you give descent to not had the gen hold dear you would would less liked in erstwhile seasons betting your own nfl gambling picks, this talented reify availability to our initiator NFL football picks and defecate in behalf of your bankroll upon someone on froth down today with unconstrained nfl picks. After each NFL pick you choose on how singular the affluence grade of our NFL handicappers picks from against the pro football discernment spread.

In totalling to our specialty of NFL sports picks handicapping, we do proffer College football predictions and coerce had some excessively top-notch jubilation an appreciation to our College pick members, more on our College football pick slug can be summon below.
Football Picks